Find a Walker/Team | Top Teams | Top Participants | Event Goal
What is Huntington's disease? | What is HDSA?
iMPACT HD is:
Examples of past HD events include:
- Do it yourself fundraising. You set up your own page and fundraise on your terms.
- Quick. You don't need to wait on anybody else to get started.
- Flexible. It can be done anywhere, at any time, for any reason, and for as long or as short of period as you'd like.
- Easy. Well, really that's up to you. You can make it hard if you want to!
- Self Managed. You are in charge of your fundraiser in its entirety (but we will support you if you need us!)
- Creative. All you need is an idea and a fundraising page.
- Birthday fundraisers. Instead of asking for gifts, set up a page and ask for donations.
- Athletic events. Whether it's running, riding, cycling, hiking, yoga, spinning, curling, a volleyball tournament, or walking, ask your friends to pledge money to support your event.
- Raffles.You can list items to be raffled off and set a ticket amount. The more money a person donates, the more tickets they get. Then raffle off your items.
- HD Awareness month fundraising. Participate in #LetsTalkAboutHD in the month of May and share your story, set up an iMPACT HD page to share with your posts.
In an effort to keep all event participants safe and well,
all attendees will be required to follow the HDSA Event Guideline.
If you have an account with HDSA, please login below
If you do not have an account with HDSA please click here to create one
(If you are having issues logging in, please email us at email@example.com)
Note: This list only includes participants that created fundraising pages
Top 10 Teams
Top 10 Participants
We invite all local companies and small businesses to sponsor this event. We depend on the generosity of sponsors, and by sponsoring a walk your company will be supporting a great cause as well as engaging in an exciting marketing opportunity within the local community. If your company is interested in sponsoring the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Huntington’s disease?
Huntington’s disease is a fatal genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain. It deteriorates a person’s physical and mental abilities usually during their prime working years and has no cure. Every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of inheriting the faulty gene that causes the disease. Today, there are approximately 41,000 symptomatic Americans and more than 200,000 at-risk of inheriting the disease. Huntington’s disease is described as having ALS, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s – simultaneously. HD is characterized by a triad of symptoms, including progressive motor dysfunction, behavioral disturbance and cognitive decline.
What is the Huntington’s Disease Society of America?
The Huntington’s Disease Society of America is the premier not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by Huntington’s disease. From community services and education to advocacy and research, HDSA is the world’s leader in providing help for today, hope for tomorrow for people with Huntington’s disease and their families. To learn more, please visit www.hdsa.org.